Sunday, May 16, 2010.1:25 AM
How long more...?The stars shine like blinking flashlights on the ebony sky.
The grass is damp with rain. Wet against my skin.
The air heavy with the salty scent of rain.
Where can I go?The sickle moon bright against the darkness.
Silence rings in my ears.
Endless night. Picture-perfect.
What's left behind?Melancholic. Cold.
The blades of grass rustle as the wind passes by, a wandering spirit.
Lost in the memory.
Past, present or future?Bitterness. Recalling the words unspoken and spoken.
A running movie, the scenes replay themselves for me to evaluate.
We'd share our laughter, our tears, our fears, our dreams.
Could things go back to how they were before?
Before I lost myself?
Before I lost sight of the light?
A silent thought hushes the tears.
Make peace with yourself.
Remembering the voice, so strong, it surges within me.
Everything's gonna be alright.The rain falls once more as the sky cries tears of joy.
The whispering wind. The blinking stars.
The night, not cold, not melancholic.
The night, fading to light.